Wednesday 13 May 2015

Shower/ Bath Time Routine of a Toddler Girl

hey beauties,
Welcome to another beauty post. Well not the typical beauty posts you see on my blog. It's a shower routine of a toddler. Yes !!!


I am a mommy to a beautiful 21 months daughter. She is a real hardcore toddler. Active 24/7, playing around, rolling on the ground, getting all dirty and saying no no to clean ups.
But being a mom is my prime duty to keep her safe and clean.
So today I want to share with you my tips and tricks on how to give your toddler a clean and enjoyable bath time.

  • SET THE MOOD : Babies can be very difficult when it comes to bathing. So before jumping on to the bath routine or the pre bath routine, just try to prepare her. You can play any soothing music or tell her something like "its time to play bubble" or " Lets clean these bad germs " or you can involve them in bath preparations like ask her to get the body wash, or the towel. Trust me guys babies will love to do things if they are involved.
  • OIL MASSAGE : This can be a bit tricky if you have a toddler. My baby runs out of patience during oil massage, so I sing to her all through the massage. Motherhood has brought out the singer in me :) Sometimes babies dont like to apply oil, so dont force them. Its ok not to give a full body oil massage ones in a while. But try to apply oil atleast to their elbows and knees. Baby's skin are dry and sometimes lack of moisture leads skin conditions like eczema in babies. My baby has a dryer face, so I apply little bit of oil onto her face everyday.
  • DON'T FORGET THE GENITALS : Genitals are the bacteria ground. With the diaper and exposure to poop and pee can leads to serious infections if not cleaned properly. What I do is before bath, I wipe her genitals with a cotton ball soaked in oil. Remember to always wipe from front to back.
  • MAKE THE BATH PLAYFUL BY INVOLVING HER : Bath time can be fun. My baby loves to bath. But this wasn't always the case. There was a time when she never wanted to enter her tub. But I tried and did some tricks which finally worked. I involved her. Always involve your baby and they will love the thing. You can give a bit of body wash onto her hand and let her apply it on herself. Let her enjoy her bathtime. But under your supervision. Never let you baby unattended.
  • HAIR CARE : Shampoo your baby's hair with a baby shampoo atleast ones or twice a week depending on the place you live. Use a Shower Shield or try to put your palm just above her eyes to avoid the shampoo from getting into her eyes. Give gentle circular massage while applying the shampoo.
  • TOWEL DRYING : Remember to pat her dry. Not rub her body with the towel. 
  • POST BATH SKIN CARE : Always apply a baby lotion. Concentrate more on knees and elbows.
  • NO POWDER : Try to avoid powder as much as possible. If its humid, dab a little bit on the neck region. But never on face or other parts of body.
  • HAIR GROOMING : Try to comb the baby's hair when its wet. This will help get rid of all the dirt on the scalp and make it clean. Be gentle and look for knots.
  • KAJAL/KOHL : Most of us Indians apply kajal/kohl. We are told that it protects baby from any negative energy. But never apply kajal on baby's eyes. You can apply it on forehead or behind the feet but never on eyes. Cause now a days its hard to find any chemical free products and we dont want our baby's delicate eyes to be irritated by harsh chemicals.
  • DRESS HER UP : Finally dress her in a cute outfit and don't forget her diapers.
  • END IT UP WITH A MAMMA KISSIE
That's all for my darling baby's bath routine. If there is anything else you moms do, then let me know. After all motherhood is all about learning, right !!
Do comment below and let me know if you want me to do any such mommy posts, it will be great to share my experience with you all.
See you guys soon with a fresh post on a fresh new day, till then keep spreading the magic of love !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting my blog !!!
Your Suggestions, Views and Queries are always welcome <3